Alive to the World uses stories to engage children’s attention and teach them about relationships and the values that make for a happy life.
Charlie and Alice are also starting school and finding more being demanded of them. Pupils become intrigued by situations they recognise and get caught up in exploring what personal identity, respect and good rules of behaviour mean in concrete situations.
Alive to the World is based on extensive research into the anthropology of the human person. It is not a religious programme but faith schools will find that it accords easily with their values.
Books 1, 2 and 3 represent the requirements of the KS1 curriculum. The class books come in large Show and Tell hardback format (297mm x 210mm) available here. These are accompanied by full electronic teacher guides which:
- set out the values being taught in each lesson
- present these within a clear overall framework
- explain why these are important to a child at a particular age
- have ready-made lesson plans including YouTube and other links
- suggest how the children can continue developing each topic with their parents or guardians.
The teacher guides will be available from adc-resources.co.uk (new website currently being developed).
See below to view samples.
Book 1: Getting to Know Myself
Getting to Know Myself teacher guide
Book 2: Happy and Healthy